Daily DevotionPassover is a festival set by Jehovah for the Israelites to commemorate that God had freed them from the Egyptians. “… And when I see the blood, I will pass over you; and the plague shall not be on you to destroy you when I strike the land of Egypt. ‘So this day shall be to you a memorial; and you shall keep it as a feast to the Lord throughout your generations. You shall keep it as a feast by an everlasting ordinance.” (Exo 12:13b-14) Jews never have thought that the blood of the lamb symbolizes Jesus Christ, the Son of God, who became the Lamb of the Passover. He bore the sin of this world, was crucified on the cross and rose from the dead on the first day of the week. From then, churches began to commemorate Jesus Christ’s crucifixion and resurrection. According to church traditions, the week before the resurrection is known as Passion Week or Holy Week.
According to the Four Gospels, Passion Week began with Jesus riding a colt into Jerusalem. He purged the temple, had The Last Supper, and went to pray at the Garden of Gethsemane. Then he was betrayed, arrested, tried, humiliated, crucified, buried, and resurrected on the third day. Friday is the most important day in Passion Week and is called Good Friday.
- Hope we can use this designated time to worship Jesus Christ our Savior, with our hearts and actions, and practice walking with Him through Scripture reading and meditation.
- By grace through prayer offer yourself in “Holiness Unto the Lord”
- Designate a quiet time before the Lord to pray and meditate upon Scripture passages and hymns selected by the church. Write down any thoughts and experiences from your fellowship with God as a an offering unto Him.
- With a thankful heart, choose to “fast a meal, love a neighbor – experience the love of Christ with your heart and share this love with your actions. (note 1: e.g., care for the homeless, support local missions, etc.)
- During this period practice: not giving in to anger, not complaining, not judging, not being discouraged, not talking negatively, speaking only edifying words, not indulging in entertainment, not playing video games….
- In the light of the Holy Spirit humble ourselves and keep from unclean things, repent and let the blood of Jesus wash away all of our sins. Bring any objects associated with idols to the church on Friday to be incinerated during the “cleansing fire” gathering along with the confession list.
受難週逾越節是耶和華 神親自吩咐以色列人要守的節期，記念 神救贖他們脫離埃及免於死亡。“……這血要在你們所住的房屋上作記號；我一見這血，就越過你們去。我擊殺埃及地頭生的時候，災殃必不臨到你們身上滅你們。你們要記念這日，守為耶和華的節，作為你們世世代代永遠的定例。”（出12:13b-14)以色列人無論如何也想不到，抹在門口羔羊的血正預表 神的兒子耶穌基督，祂成為逾越節的羔羊，為除去罪孽甘心背負世人的罪被釘在十字架上，並在七日的第一日從死裡復活。後來眾教會逐漸開始每年都會記念耶穌基督的受難與復活，根據教會傳統，從復活節的前一個主日開始算起這一週，被稱為受難週(Passion Week) 或「聖週」（Holy Week)。
根據四福音的記載，受難週是從耶穌騎驢進耶路撒冷，潔淨聖殿，最後的晚餐，來到客西馬尼園禱告等，後來被賣、被捕、被審、被辱、被釘死在十字架上，埋葬，到第三天 神叫他從死裡復活。週五是受難週最重要的一天被稱為受難日（Good Friday）。
- 在恩典中藉著禱告先將自己“分別為聖歸給 神”。
- 在 神面前固定一個時間，安靜禱讀默想當天教會預備的經文和詩歌，將自己與 神相處的感想心得寫下作為禮物獻給 神。